Northeastern Illinois University's student-run newspaper

NEIU Independent

NEIU Independent

NEIU Independent

Connect with us on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

IndieNews_NEIU (@neiuindienews) • Instagram photos and videos

Join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with all the NEIU News!

Letter From the Editor

Hello to everyone who is reading this piece,

As some of you might know, my name is Leslie Lozada, the Editor-In-Chief of the Independent. Since May 2023, I have been working behind the scenes in order to ensure we are able to endure not only a print publication, but also focusing on digital content, such as our online articles, and possibly more multimedia ventures as we have done in the past.

Over the last few months, we have decided as a group to print once a month, while focusing on a digital-first news site in order to update content on a daily basis. This was not an easy decision, but this will be the new normal for some time.

We have also combined section editor positions due to internal changes. So now, instead of Campus Life and Arts & Life, it has been renamed to Campus Arts and Life. Any reviews we receive will be featured in the opinions section.

I would like to do a Call to Action for those that would like to participate in the Independent. We are looking for writers, editors, and photographers among other roles within the newspaper. If anyone is interested, you can reach out to the following:

Email: [email protected]

Office Number: 773-442-4577

Room: E-049

Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter): @ NeiuIndieNews