Northeastern Illinois University's student-run newspaper

NEIU Independent

NEIU Independent

NEIU Independent

Connect with us on Instagram
Join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with all the NEIU News!

Police Blotter Feb. 27

The following occurred on the main campus between Feb. 7 and Feb. 22:

Feb. 7 – Facilities Management: An unknown offender stole an unattended office chair.

Feb. 8 – Fine Arts Building: Officers were called to a classroom where a subject not registered to the class was found sitting. The subject left and went to their correct class nearby.

Feb. 8 – C-Building: Officers investigated a case of a forged check that was cashed in.

Feb. 10 – The Nest: A resident verbally threatened staff after being told to quiet down. The matter was reported to the dean of students for non-academic misconduct.

Feb. 10 – The Nest: A resident verbally threatened staff after being denied access to the building from the back door.

Feb. 13 – Parking Lot D: Officers responded to a small trash can fire in the parking lot. The fire was extinguished but the cause of the fire is unknown.

Feb. 14 – NEIU: A student reported a threatening email sent to her personal email account. This is an ongoing investigation.

Feb. 15 – Fine Arts Building: Officers responded to the behavioral concerns of a former employee. This is an ongoing investigation.

Feb. 19 – The Nest: A resident reported that someone stole cash from his room while he stepped out. The offender has not been identified.

Feb. 20 – Lech Walesa Hall: A student reported an anonymous note found in a bathroom stall. The note was personal and does not affect the NEIU community.

Feb. 20 – P.E. Building: A student who was upset over a bad referee call during a basketball game kicked a chair against the wall and damaged the chair.

Feb. 20 – Parking Garage: An unknown offender damaged a victim’s vehicle while it was parked on the 2nd floor.

Feb. 21 – The Nest: An unknown offender stole money from a wallet that was left unattended in a room.

Feb. 21 – Parking Lot H: An offender struck and damaged a victim’s vehicle while it was parked in the lot.