BREAKING: Vice President of Enrollment Management Kimberley Buster-Williams to Resign

Dan Maurer, News Editor

Editors Note: This article was originally published exclusively online. In the original article it stated with certainty that Buster-Williams had hired someone who allegedly already held two full time jobs in Michigan. It has been updated to reflect the alleged nature of that claim. Buster-Williams responded with a comment stating that when Fuselier-Thompson was hired she secured housing at the Northeastern Illinois Student Dorms in Chicago, The Nest. 

On Feb. 8, 2023, President Gloria J. Gibson revealed in a Targeted Announcement email that Kimberley Buster-Williams was resigning from her post as the Vice President of Enrollment Management at Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU). Buster-Williams joined NEIU on Jan. 3, 2022. Her resignation will go into effect on Feb. 20, 2023. 

In her email, President Gibson thanked Buster Williams for her service, saying she had, “shown hard work and professionalism in modernizing NEIU’s enrollment processes.” As previously reported by the Independent, Buster-Williams had hired someone who was allegedly already working two full-time jobs at another university in Michigan as her Interim Associate Vice President of Student Success and Retention.

President Gibson said she will, “provide more information over the next few weeks, as a plan is developed for the continued management and leadership of the NEIU enrollment process.”