NEIU’s Department of Counselor Education offering free family counseling services

Matthew Rago, Editor-in-Chief

Between Feb. 29 and April 25, Northeastern Illinois University’s Department of Counselor Education will invite couples and families to attend its annual counseling services, according to a targeted announcement by NEIU.

Offered once a year, the Department of Counselor Education offers free services to both the NEIU student body and the community as a whole. The services aims at assisting those in need of a wellness check-up for their romantic and/or family relationships. The Department of Counselor Education also helps those in need of family counseling.

NEIU’s Couple and Family Wellness Center trains advanced graduate students enrolled in NEIU’s Family Counseling Program, which operates under the supervision and leadership of an experienced faculty member. According to the announcement, a co-therapy and consulting team will provide clients with additional assistance and feedback.

Weekly sessions will begin on Feb. 29 and take place every Friday between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.  All services are free and completely confidential.

The Couple and Wellness Center is located on the main campus at 5500 N. St. Louis Ave in Chicago, Ill., and will take place in Lech Walesa Hall (LWH) 4073. Anyone interested in this event or who might know someone who may benefit from such services can email Dr. Laura Tejada at [email protected] or graduate assistant Carissa Francisco at [email protected]. Appointments can be arranged via telephone by calling (773) 442-5521.