Northeastern Illinois University's student-run newspaper

NEIU Independent

NEIU Independent

NEIU Independent

Connect with us on Instagram
Join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with all the NEIU News!

NEIU Partners With the WSJ To Provide School-Sponsored Subscription Service

Ana
The WSJ Print Edition app is featured on an Android phone on top of school work.

Access to the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), announced in NEIU’s Targeted Announcement by Interim Provost Andrea E. Evans and Vesna Misoska, Marketing and Communications Strategist, on Wednesday, June 28, 2023, that all students, staff and faculty at NEIU will be granted full access to WSJ’s digital newspaper content.

This information has been available before, but there has never been an announcement to the university at large.

Having access to professional worldwide journalism is important for gaining insights into the world that people would not otherwise have.

According to Dr. Evans and Misoska, the premise of such a feat is “to integrate the in-depth reporting of The Wall Street Journal into the classroom with WSJ Professor Tools.” Furthermore, the suite of professor tools will give the ability to integrate “real-world applications of academic theories” into the classroom.

It is simple to access the WSJ. To get started, students, staff and faculty are required to visit WSJ.com/NEIU, login with NEIU credentials and select the appropriate account type. Students, staff and faculty will be able to login to both the WSJ app and WSJ Print Edition app for both Android and iOS computing platforms, as well as login to a web browser to read and listen to content.

If a student, staff or faculty member is already a paying subscriber, the individual should call (800) 568-7625 and mention switching to a school-sponsored subscription plan in order to receive a partial refund.

Disclaimer: This article is based on the information provided in the official announcement by Dr. Andrea E. Evans and Vesna Misoska on June 28th on behalf of Academic Affairs, NEIU. Any updates or changes to the subscription service may not be reflected in this report beyond the observations of The Independent’s reporter.