Tax-free coffee, food

New this year at NEIU is our Goldie Bucks Meal Plan which is available for students, staff and faculty. The meal plan lets you put money onto your NEIU ID card and use that to pay for food and drink at three locations, Golden Eagles Nest Cafeteria (located in the Student Union) and both Café Descartes stores (located in Village Square and Ronald Williams Library). 

Load money onto your NEIU ID card through the GET app (available for both Android and Apple users) or the website, https://get.cbord.com/neiu/full/login.php. Money can be added in 50 dollar increments ($50, $100, $150, $200). As a bonus, you get 5% extra credit put on your card every time you put money on your ID card. The ultimate cherry on top is that every purchase made with Goldie Bucks is tax free. 

Any remaining credits purchased during Fall semester will roll over to Spring semester and can be used then. Any remaining credits purchased during Spring semester will roll over to Summer semester and can be used then. There will not be any refunds or rollover for any unused credit after the end of Summer semester. Funds roll over to the next semester after purchase but won’t roll over from the Summer to Fall terms.

Now all that’s left is to ask yourself: “Will I be able to eat and/or drink $200 worth of food and coffee between now and next semester?” And of course, the answer is “Yes, because a college student’s blood is half coffee, especially during finals week.”