5th Annual Women in Science Conference

NEIU Celebrated Women’s History Month: Dr. Ross, Forensic Anthropologist Speaks With Students

April 29, 2022

The month of March 2022 offered NEIU students the opportunity to celebrate the successes of women and their accomplishments within many disciplines. During March, topics such as human rights, women of color in politics, Trans Day of Visibility resource pop-up, and women in science were showcased through talks, fairs, and speakers. 

The Independent had the opportunity to sit in via Zoom with Doctor Ann Ross’s event Women in Science: Informal Discussion with Students. The event took place in person and via zoom, there were at least a dozen faculty and students in attendance. The event took place from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on April 1st, 2022.

Dr. Ross gave a brief recap of her career and the accomplishments she has achieved during her tenure at North Carolina State University. Doctor Ross is currently a Biology Graduate Program Advisor and a member of the staff at NC State University. During an informative and inspiring Q&A session with Doctor Ross, many interesting career opportunities in the field of forensic science with regard to Paleobiology & Forensic Anthropology were discussed. Students and faculty were given behind-the-scenes stories of what it is like to be in the midst of a real CSI unit.

To learn more about Doctor Ross and the field of Forensic Anthropology please visit her link 

Ann Ross | Department of Biological Sciences.