Edwin Medina

Student Government Association hosts its first NEIU Appreciation Day

November 16, 2021

Northeastern Illinois University’s Student Government Association (SGA) recently passed a resolution celebrating NEIU Appreciation Day. SGA will be hosting its first NEIU Appreciation Day at Village Square on Main Campus on Tuesday, Nov. 16 from 10 am to 3 pm. 

SGA will be providing music, light snacks and postcards where the NEIU community may write a message of gratitude that will eventually be distributed by the SGA members. 

SGA President Edwin Medina says, “COVID-19 enabled us to rewind and refocus on what is truly important. Too frequently, we focus exclusively on the improvements that need to be made at NEIU in order to make it a better institution than it was yesterday. We frequently believe that additional resources and innovative ideas will get us where we need to go. What I hope to establish are treasured traditions that exemplify what NEIU is supposed to be: a healthy community in which students, faculty, and administration feel at home.” 

Further adding, “I hope that NEIU Appreciation Day allows us to pause for a moment to recognize those who helped make our experience here so memorable. Those folks who instilled in us a sense of worth. NEIU Appreciation Day is not a one-time event; I want the university to continue this tradition long after I graduate. Don’t wait till today to express your gratitude; show your gratitude every day. Kind people are the best kind of people.”

For those who cannot attend the event in person, SGA created a form for submitting messages. Please scan the QR code below to fill out the form. The form can only be accessed via your nmail account. SGA is open to all NEIU students to share any concerns. You can reach them at [email protected] or give them a call at (773)-442-4673.