The following offenses occurred on NEIU’s campuses from Nov. 26 to Dec. 16 of 2014:
1. Fine Arts Building, Nov. 26, an unknown offender wrote graffiti on a toilet paper dispenser in the handicap stall of the men’s washroom.
2. Fine Arts Building, Dec. 2, an unknown offender wrote graffiti on the partition in the handicap stall of the men’s washroom.
3. Bernard Brommel Hall, Dec. 3, an unknown offender stole a laptop from the media center.
4. Parking Lot J, Dec. 3, an unknown offender struck and damaged a victim’s vehicle while it was parked in the lot.
5. Library, Dec. 4, an unknown offender left marks and chipped the wood near a door’s lock mechanism.
6. LWH Building, Dec. 4, unknown offender(s) stole 2 iPads from the media cart after they were used for a class.
7. Library, Dec. 5, subject stole a laptop computer loaned out by the TRIO program.
8. Student Union, Dec. 6, the fire dept. responded to a call of the deep fryer being on fire.
9. Parking Lot F, Dec. 8, an unknown offender struck and damaged a victim’s vehicle while it was parked in the lot.
10. P.E. Building, Dec. 9, an unknown offender damaged the fence on the southwest corner of the P.E. building.
The following offenses were not mapped:
El Centro, Dec. 2, a witness identified a subject as a tagger. Subject was warned and will be sent to student due process.
NEIU (no specific location), Dec. 4, a student became concerned about another student who sent her inappropriate text messages.
El Centro, Dec. 5, a known offender wrote graffiti on the stairwell. The offender had already been referred to due process.
NEIU (no specific location), Dec. 8, an unknown offender stole a victim’s iPhone from their jacket pocket.
NEIU (no specific location), Dec. 11, a victim complained of an unknown male stalking her. Police escort services were offered to her.
C.C.I.C.S., Dec. 16, a victim’s coat and headphones were stolen. The offender was identified on video camera and the property was returned.