2 medium eggplants, sliced and peeled
½ cup ricotta cheese
½ cup of half and half
1 Cup parmesan cheese
1 cup marinara sauce,
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. While that is warming up, in a very large frying pan heat some olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is almost smoking you can add slices of eggplant and let them cook. Be careful! They cook very fast and the oil is very, very hot, but once they are evenly browned you can place them on a paper towel covered plate to drain the oil away.
3. Once this is complete you can mix together the ricotta, eggs, half and half, ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a separate mixing bowl.
4. In a 9×13 Pyrex baking dish start layering eggplant in a deep baking pan, then add some parmesan cheese with salt and pepper, then marinara, then the ricotta mix. Repeat this layering until you fill the pan.
5. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 425, then lower the heat to 375 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes or until the sauce sets and the top is browned. Serve warm and enjoy!
If you wish to make your OWN marinara sauce you will need:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped basil
¼ Parmesan cheese
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan, add chopped garlic and onion.
2. Sauté on medium heat until onion is translucent.
3. Add diced and crushed tomatoes and chopped basil. Bring to boil.
4. Lower heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Add ¼ parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.