For those ruff times, pet a puppy

Lissette Jaramillo

The Puppy Therapy Event will take place at the Quad on April 24th from 2 p.m.

Pablo Medina, Editor

Love dogs and hate the stress of finals piling on top of you? Omega Delta Phi is answering the call for pooch loving students on Apr. 24 during finals week.

With help from the Pet Partners of Chicago, Omega Delta Phi will host a puppy therapy event on the Quad outside of Student Union. Students can pet puppies and de-stress before final exams from 2 P.M. to 4 P.M.

“We brought this to the school because this is kind of a trendy thing right now, mostly in Ivy League schools and more reputable schools beside Northeastern like Michigan State and Harvard,” Omega Delta Phi Beta Alpha President Corey Burns said. “What they do is they bring in puppies that are specifically raised to help people relax. We’re bringing them here because we think Northeastern is not only the best school that we love, but we think it would be pretty awesome to help people out during finals week.”

Any donations given during the event will go solely to the Pet Partners of America. Students are requested not to bring any outside food or interactive toys for the puppies.

“The Pet Partners should be bringing all that stuff for us; they’ve informed me that they have everything, they even have the enclosures needed for the puppies,” Burns said. “All you have to do is bring a good attitude and just come hang out with some young puppers.”